ACMUSE was originally known as Film Make-up Technology which had been established in 1980.
Since inception, graduates of the College have represented every aspect of the make-up and Special Effects industry from assistants to Heads of Department.
In 2003 Scott Lattimer became the new owner and Principal of ACMUSE after three successful years as Head of School at Three Arts Make-up College in Chippendale. Scott has over twenty years experience in the fields of the Arts and Education.
Scott is dedicated to maintaining a make-up and special effects college that has:
- Industry specific courses.
- A curriculum taught by experienced and professional artists.
- The best facilities and equipment.
- Structured work experience with the college's many partners in Film, TV, Fashion and Theatre.
ACMUSE aims to provide vocational education accredited to national standards in the fields of film, TV, theatre, fashion and wedding make-up and special effects to support the entertainment industry through the provision of expertly trained staff suitable for immediate contract to the industry.
ACMUSE provides vocational education and training for individuals seeking a career in make-up and special effects in the performing arts, film, television, theatre, fashion and bridal industries.
ACMUSE provides courses that are competency based and comply with benchmarks set for competency-based training in the industry. Courses are comprehensive and seek to combine theory with practical skills to produce well-educated and skilled personnel.
- Is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) under the Australian Recognition Framework (ARF).
- Has New South Wales Vocational Education and Training Board (VETAB) course accreditation.
- Is on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS Provider Number 02522B
- Offers Certificate and Diploma courses under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
- Is a member of the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET).