ACMUSE was originally known as Film Make-up Technology, established in 1980.
Since inception, graduates of the ACMUSE have represented every aspect of the Make-up and Special Effects industry, from Assistant to Head of Department.
In 2003, Scott Lattimer became the new owner and CEO of ACMUSE. Scott has over 30 years experience in the fields of the Arts and Education and took on the position after 3 successful years as Head of School at Three Arts Make-up College in Chippendale.
Scott is dedicated to maintaining a Make-up and Special Effects College that has:
- Industry specific courses
- A curriculum taught by experienced and professional artists
- The best facilities and equipment available
- Structured work experience with the College's many partners in Film, TV, Fashion and Theatre
ACMUSE aims to provide nationally accredited courses and industry-leading non-accredited short courses to national standards in the fields of make-up for film, TV, theatre, fashion, bridal and Special Effects, to support the entertainment industry through the provision of expertly trained staff suitable for immediate contract to the industry.
ACMUSE provides vocational education and training for individuals seeking a career in make-up and special effects in the performing arts, film, television, theatre, fashion and bridal industries.
ACMUSE provides courses that are competency based and comply with benchmarks set for competency-based training in the industry. Courses are comprehensive and seek to combine theory with practical skills to produce well-educated and skilled graduates.
- Is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) number 90910
- Is accredited with ASQA to deliver nationally-accredited training under the VET Quality Framework
- Is on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Learners (CRICOS). CRICOS Provider Number 02522B
- Offers nationally-accredtied Certificate IV and Diploma courses under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF)
- Is a member of the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET)