The Australian College of Make-Up and Special Effects (ACMUSE) was originally known as Film Make-up Technology, providing industry training for 40 years.
ACMUSE aims to provide nationally accredited courses and industry-leading non-accredited short courses to national standards in the fields of make-up for film, TV, theatre, fashion, bridal and special effects (SFX).
Furthermore, ACMUSE aims to support the entertainment industry through the provision of expertly trained graduates, suitable for immediate contract to the industry.
ACMUSE provides vocational courses that are competency based and comply with benchmarks set for competency-based training in the industry. Courses are comprehensive and seek to combine theory with practical skills to produce well-educated and skilled graduates.
All courses are suitable for individuals seeking a career in make-up and SFX in the following industries; performing arts, film, TV, theatre, fashion, bridal and photography.
Training professional make-up artists since 1980
A trusted name in the industry, ACMUSE continues to grow and expand to this day. Enrolments for July courses have begun. Please contact us for more information.
ACMUSE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) number 90910, is accredited with ASQA.
All trainers and assessors at ACMUSE are required to continue with their Professional Development to ensure learners receive current, up-to-date knowledge and techniques in their training. Each ACMUSE trainer completes ongoing Continuous Professional Development program.
ACMUSE is also on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Learners (CRICOS). CRICOS Provider number 02522B.
We guarantee you will be provided with:
- Industry recognised and developed training;
- Practical scenarios to ensure your training provides you with the knowledge and skills required to gain employment; and
- Support services to ensure your training can be completed.
We will not guarantee:
- You will successfully complete the training, as the onus is on you to undertake all training and complete all assessment tasks; and
- You will be employed at the conclusion of your training, as we are not an employer.