CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services)
– 18th January 2021 (Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesdays – 9:30am to 4:30pm)
– TBC February 2021 (Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays – 9:30am – 4:30pm)
RT0 number: 90910 | CRICOS Provider Number: 02522 | CRICOS Course Code: 091898K
Course fee is inclusive of incidental kit and photoshoot costs.
VSL amount $15,793 over four (4) census periods. ACMUSE is an approved VET Student Loans provider. Limited places may also be available for Smart and Skilled subsidised training. Eligibility criteria apply.
There are no formal educational requirements for the course.
This course is for people interested in gaining specialist skills in make-up for film, television, theatre, fashion, photography and weddings.
Work as a makeup artist in film, television, fashion / catwalk, bridal, glamour, theatre and photographic fields.
The course is presented via face to face teaching, demonstration and practical exercises. Learners experience a simulated workplace environment, with access to equipment, products and facilities reflecting industry practice. Out of college experience is available, but is not assessed as part of the course.
Ongoing assessment based on training package assessment criteria. There are three clustered assessment points: one is week one, a mid year assessment in week 20 and a final assessment at the end of the year – practical and theoretical examination.
Course content and skills acquired:
- Health and Hygiene
- Black & White Photography
- Corrective Make-up
- Hair Styling
- Face, Eye, Nose and Lip Shapes & Corrections
- Period Makeup and Hair
- Fashion, Glamour, Catwalk, Film, TV and Theatre
- Character Makeup Effects
- Wig Styling
- Research and Design Techniques
- Ageing Techniques
- Casualty Simulation
- Silicone Prosthetic Making and Application
- Foam Latex Prosthetic Application
- CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services) Training and Assessment Strategy
- CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services) Training and Assessment Strategy CRICOS
- CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services) Delivery Plan – Jan 2020
- Academic Course Calendar 2019
- Student Handbook
- Applications Form (Domestic)
- Application Form (International)