CUA60620 Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media
(Specialist Make-up Services)
RTO Number: 90910 | CRICOS Course: 105867J
– 3rd August 2022 (Wednesdays 1pm – 5pm Thursday, Friday 9am – 5pm)
Vet Student Loans are now available for this course.
44 weeks duration (breakdown: 38 weeks face-to-face study; 6 weeks term breaks) (798 supervised hours)
2.5 Days per week at College/full time
Fee Assistance: VSL amount $15,793 over four (4) census periods. ACMUSE is an approved VET Student Loans provider. Eligibility criteria apply.
*Please note – Admin and deposit fees are non-refundable.
**Course fee is inclusive of incidental kit and photoshoot costs.
The course is presented via face to face teaching, demonstration and practical exercises. Learners experience a simulated work places environment, with access to equipment, products and facilities reflecting industry practice. Out of college experience is available, but is not assessed as part of the course.
ACMUSE recognises that everyone has different skills and experiences, so what we look for is potential through a body of creative work that shows conceptual, technical, self-motivation and organisational skills through to realisation and presentation. Further to your portfolio of work in areas of make-up design, we require evidence of the creative process showing a strong sense of colour, shape and form. We are interested to see evidence of your creative artistic ability and potential in the way you think and work.
- Successful completion of ACMUSE CUA41215 Certificate IV in Screen and Media (or equivalent) followed by an interview during which you will display a portfolio of work that meets the course entry requirements.
- Successful completion of ACMUSE CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (or equivalent) followed by an interview during which you will display a portfolio of work that meets the course entry requirements.
Graduates at this level will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and defined responsibility:
- in contexts that are subject to change
- within broad parameters to provide specialist advice and functions
Ongoing assessment based on training package assessment criteria. There are three clustered assessment points: one is term one, a block assessment in term 2 and a final assessment at the end of the year – practical and theoretical examination.
Visual Diary – self-directed study
It is expected that on average each learner complete a designated 8-10 hours/week of additional self-directed study. Part of this is compiling a Visual diary. A visual diary is a daily journal kept by artists, often containing both words and sketches. A diary not only give your trainer a valuable opportunity to explore the creation process of these finished works, but is a useful self-reflection tool.
Units of Competency
CUAIND611 Work professionally in the creative arts industry
CUAPPR515 Establish and maintain safe creative practice
CUAPPR613 Engage in the business of creative practice
CUAPPR615 Evolve ideas for professional creative work
CUAPPR611 Originate a body of independent creative work
CUAACD411 Integrate colour design theory and design processes
CUAPPR612 Collaborate in professional creative projects
CUAPPR616 Extend expertise in a specialised art form to professional level
CUAACD511 Make moulds and casts
CUASCU511 Refine sculptural techniques
CUAMUP614 Create prosthetics for special makeup effects
CUAMUP615 Design and apply prosthetics for special makeup effects
CUAMUP411 Design, apply and remove makeup
CUAMUP512 Design and apply specialised makeup
CUAMUP513 Design and apply specialised makeup effects
CUAACD537 Refine 3-D design ideas and processes
- Make and apply Latex/Plastic Bald Caps for various media
- Design, make and apply Facial Prosthetics in silicon, gelatin and foam latex
- Design, Research and Presentation Techniques
- Learning a professional approach to creative practice
- Research creative concepts
- Creating a body of work
- Manage creative projects
- Develop a style with drawing and other visual representation tools
- Airbrushing for Body and Prosthetics
- Design and apply Extreme Casualty Simulation for multimedia
- Character creation