CUA41220 Certificate IV of Screen and Media
(Specialist Make-up Services)
RTO Number: 90910
30th October 2023
9:30am – 16:30 pm Monday – Wednesday
Certificate IV of Screen and Media
The Certificate IV is designed for anyone wanting to become a professional Makeup Artist.
This 12 week face to face course will give you the skills to be able to work as a makeup artist for fashion and editorial, bridal, television or retail.
Our supportive and inclusive environment is the perfect place to turn your Makeup Dream into a reality.
*Please note – Admin and deposit fees are non-refundable.
**Course fee is inclusive of incidental kit and photoshoot costs.
Three full days per week, over 12 weeks; plus take-home assessment.
Three days a week at college
The course is presented via face to face teaching, demonstration and practical exercises. Learners experience a simulated work places environment, with access to equipment, products and facilities reflecting industry practice. Out of college experience is available, but is not assessed as part of the course.
Develop personal work priorities
Work effectively in the creative arts industry
Develop and implement own self-care plan in the creative industries
Apply work, health and safety practices
Articulate, present and debate ideas
Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
Generate design solutions
Design, apply and remove makeup
Style hair for production
Design and apply remedial camouflage makeup
Design and apply makeup-up for photography
Explore the use of colour
Produce creative work
ACMUSE accepts students who are 16 and have completed year 10, there is no maximum age limit.
Students are not required to have an ATAR to attend ACMUSE.
Students who have not completed year 12 will need to complete an LLN test provided by the college prior to commencement. This tool is used to identify any supports a student might require.
To Apply to the CUA41220 Certificate IV of Screen and Media select the Enrol now Button and complete an application form. Once we have received your details a representative from ACMUSE will be in contact to book you in for a Free tour of our facilities and meet with our Principal.
This is an opportunity to have a look at the college and determine if ACMUSE is the right fit for you, and have any questions answered.
At ACMUSE we believe that you will learn the content within your Diploma and as a result we do not require you to have any prior Makeup knowledge to enrol in the Certificate IV of Screen and Media. Our trainers are highly skilled and can train you the best industry practice in this course.
You are not required to supply any images of previous works (unless you would like to) or audition for a position.
However ACMUSE can only accept a maximum of 25 students in the course per enrolment period. If the principal feels that ACMUSE is not the right fit for you, you will be informed immediately. If ACMUSE does not have a position available you will be put on a wait list for the next available course.
For more information please consult the student handbook located in resources on the site.
The Certificate IV in Screen and Media (Specialist Makeup Services) is a specialized qualification that focuses on developing makeup artists’ skills and knowledge for the screen and media industry, particularly in areas such as film, television, theater, and special effects. The learning outcomes for this qualification are tailored to provide students with the knowledge and practical abilities to apply themselves as a Makeup artist in a professional capacity.
Ongoing assessment based on training package assessment criteria, involving practical and theoretical examinations.
This course is not open to international students.
- Health and Hygiene Learn the importance of Health and Hygiene as a Professional Makeup Artist. This topic covers the importance of maintaining a sanitised professional Makeup Kit, including correct brush washing and steralizing techniques and maintaining hygiene when in close contact with a client.
- Corrective/ camouflage Makeup During this topic you will learn the colour theory and professional techniques required to make your clients look their best. From neutralising dark circles and redness to selecting the correct foundation bases to enhance your models skin. This topic is vital to understanding your clients undertones to create a professional Makeup Application.
- Eyes and Lips Learn multiple techniques to a successful eyeshadow application. Starting slowly with determining the eye-shape and placement, our trainers then guide you through various techniques, including Natural eye shadow, Smokey eyes, cat eyes, winged liner and Halo eyes. Then it’s onto lips. Working under the guidance of one of our expert trainers you will learn to create the perfect lip shape to suit your clients needs.
- Contouring / Facial Sculpting / Complete Makeup Putting everything together you will complete a professional Makeup look, using contouring to enhance your models best features.
- Colour Theory An intensive look into the relationship between colour, Makeup and lighting. This three day workshop is a learner favourite and provides the building blocks to becoming a professional Makeup Artist.
- Hair Styling From Roller sets to tongs, braids and up do’s. Learning hairstyling is a must for all Makeup artists. At ACMUSE you will be taught how to properly understand different hair types, and a variety of techniques to properly style the hair.
- Black & White Photography This Three day intensive in class workshop, teaches the learner how to understand tonal values and create multiple looks for the purpose of Black and white photography. During this workshop learners participate in two Black and White Photoshoots.
- Bridal Make up (photoshoot) You will create a Bridal hair and Makeup look using all of the techniques that you have learned for an in house photoshoot. During this three day workshop you will be guided by your professional trainer in designing the hair and Makeup and applying it with finesse for your bridal photoshoot.
- Red Carpet Using Advanced Makeup Techniques you will be required to complete a Glamour Hair and Makeup look to work within the parameters of Red carpet. On completion of this workshop you will participate in an in house photoshoot.
- Fashion Explore the world of Fashion Make up and create a dynamic look following the latest trends. During this workshop you will explore the world of creating editorial skin, graphic liners and the art of eyebrows. On completion of this workshop you will participate in an in house photoshoot.